Hey guys im sure you heard of the new L’Oreal Pure Clay Masks that was launched a while ago. They have a range of three masks in Purity, Detox and Glow to suit every skin type. All three masks have ONE special ingredient and has a blend of three pure clays:
Kaolin- A natural clay known to absorb impurities and excess sebum.
Montmorillonite- A clay rich in minerals to illuminate imperfections.
Ghassoul- It’s a pure clay highly concentrated in minerals to clarify complexions.
I will be sharing my thoughts on the two masks that I bought.
The detox mask is grey in color with a creamy texture and it also has a mild fresh aroma. This mask contains charcoal which acts like a magnet by drawing out all impurities such as dirt and oil. When I used it I could see the mask drawing out the oil from the pores of my nose.
- The mask applies smoothly and evenly
- Leaves the skin feeling fresh
- Leaves skin feeling smooth
- Suitable for combination and oily skin
- Will cause dry skin types to be even more dry.
The glow mask is red in color with a beaded creamy texture. It has a mild floral aroma, which makes you feel like you’re at a spa. This mask contains Red Algae Extract which is known for brightening the skin. The Glow mask also contains tiny grains to exfoliate the skin, leaving it smooth and free of dead skin cells. When I used it I could see my skin looked so much clearer after one use. I especially liked the tiny grains in the mask to exfoliate my skin to get rid of any flakiness.
- Applies smoothly and evenly
- Leaves skin feeling fresh and smooth
- Gets rid of dead skin cells and dirt in the pores
- Leaves the skin glowing and brightened
- This mask might be harsh on sensitive skin due to the grains in the masks.
- Make sure skin is clean from any makeup or other impurities.
- Use a flat foundation brush to apply a thin layer of the mask all over the face. Avoid the eyes and lips, as these are sensitive areas.
- Let the mask dry for 10-15 minutes and then wash gently with lukewarm water. If you are using the Glow mask gently rub the beads in a circular motion especially around the nose.
- Pat skin dry with a clean towel and you should have good skin.
Overall, I love these masks, they work very well for my skin. Each of the masks I used delivered as they promised. I would highly recommend them if you are looking for something new to try. They are good quality and super affordable for a luxurious mask.
These masks are available at Clicks and Dischem Stores retailing for: R150.00
Have you tried them? Let me know in the comment section